Careers at IDRF are some of the best jobs in Canada. Why? We strive to make the world a better place through our various programming around the world. Sound good? We want to hear from you!
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Reporting to the IDRF Program Lead, and under the guidance of the IDRF Director of Programs, the Program Officer will be responsible for overseeing a diverse global portfolio of emergency relief and sustainable, participatory development programming, and for successfully growing the organization’s programming activities through the development of effective proposal submissions. The position will be based at IDRF’s headquarter office in Toronto, Canada, with field travel required. Specific duties include:
- Facilitate extensive narrative and financial reporting, needs assessments, project monitoring, and evaluation activities, and provide direction and control to overseas projects.
- Advise on go/no go decisions for submission of grants and partnership opportunities, and substantiate with information on risk, timelines, and required resources.
- Collaborate with international partners to launch innovative programming in IDRF’s development and humanitarian sectors.
- Support partner organizations in understanding and complying with donor agreements and IDRF guidelines and requirements.
- Author ongoing reports to funders on project progress, and ensure adherence to donor reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement results-based management and performance measurement frameworks.
- Foster and strengthen overseas and local partnerships, and maintain regular communication with overseas partners.
- Ensure that appropriate project records are maintained to provide a sound basis for project tracking, reporting, and follow up.
- Foster participatory and rights-based approaches in all IDRF initiatives, and ensure transformative gender analysis of all project initiatives.
- Proactively respond to funding opportunities by authoring effective and compelling Letters of Intent (LOIs), project proposals, and budgets, and ensure the timely submission of a top-quality final proposal.
- Provide administrative assistance as required: planning and organizing meetings, authoring program briefs, and supervising volunteers.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Educational background in a discipline related to IDRF’s core areas of development and humanitarian action. Evidence of relevant ongoing professional development an asset.
- Demonstrated professional experience working in a similar role with a recognized emergency relief or international development organization, in managing, monitoring, and evaluating humanitarian and/or development projects (required).
- Demonstrated experience in developing thorough and realistic budgets, compiling and analyzing narrative and financial reports produced by field partners, and ensuring strict compliance with donor contribution agreements.
- Demonstrated skill and experience working with accountability frameworks such as Logframes, RBM, PMF and similar donor reporting modalities.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing successful funding applications for the Government of Canada strongly preferred. Experience working with other international donors (such as UN agencies) highly desirable.
- Demonstrated grant management experience
- High proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to deliver educational programs to community groups.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and research skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet urgent deadlines.
- Highly independent, and able to work in a leadership role with minimal supervision.
- Superior interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and diplomacy skills.
- Valid Canadian passport, and a willingness to undertake occasional international travel for the purpose of visits to overseas partners.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Volunteer with Us
Fundraise with Us