Careers at IDRF are some of the best jobs in Canada. Why? We strive to make the world a better place through our various programming around the world. Sound good? We want to hear from you!
Do NOT Remove
Human Resources Coordinator
1. Recruitment and Selection:
- Coordinate and manage recruitment processes, from job postings to interviews.
- Assist departments in identifying staffing needs and defining role requirements.
- Conduct background checks and reference checks for potential hires.
- Assist with employee orientation, including processing new hire paperwork and coordinating onboarding sessions and required training.
2. Employee Relations:
- Provide support to staff on HR-related inquiries.
- Assist in the resolution of any employee-related issues or concerns.
- Provide logistical assistance for HR projects and initiatives, including staff surveys, performance management and employee recognition.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of HR communications and announcements.
3. Learning and Development:
- Support managers to identify learning needs and assist in the development and implementation of training programs and identification of external learning opportunities.
4. Compliance and Administration:
- Work with virtual HR Director to ensure HR practices and policies comply with relevant legislation.
- Maintain and update employee records including emergency contacts.
- Maintain the HR Information System to ensure that HR policies, procedures, and forms are kept up-to-date and easily accessible to employees at all times.
- Assist in the development and revision of HR policies and procedures.
5. Performance Management:
- Coordinate performance review processes and guide managers on performance evaluations.
- Support managers to establish KPIs and objectives for staff.
6. Other Duties:
- Stay updated with the latest trends in HR practices and suggest improvements.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.Familiarity with employment, human rights and health & safety legislation and best HR practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in HRIS software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior tact, diplomacy and commitment to confidentiality.
Grants & Programs Officer
Reporting to the IDRF Program Lead, the Grants & Programs Officer will play a pivotal role in securing funding for the foundation by developing grant proposals. This position requires strong research skills, persuasive writing, and an understanding of IDRF’s mission and programs. Additionally, the successful candidate will oversee a diverse global portfolio of emergency relief and sustainable development programming in economic development, health, education, water, and food security. This hybrid position will be at IDRF’s office in Toronto, Canada, with field travel required.
Specific duties include:
- Grant Writing:
- Research and identify grant opportunities aligned with IDRF’s goals and objectives.
- Write and submit high-quality grant proposals, including narratives, budgets, and supporting documents.
- Collaborate with program teams to gather information and data for proposals.
- Contribute to the development of a strategic fundraising plan.
- Keep apprised of funding trends and opportunities in the international development sector.
- Maintain a calendar of submissions and report deadlines.
- Ensure grant requirement compliance and report to funders on project progress and outcomes.
- Coordinate with program and finance teams to monitor the use of funds.
- Assist in the development of impact reports for donors and partner.
- Build and maintain relationships with potential and current funders.
- Represent IDRF in meetings with donors and at fundraising events.
- Work with the communications team to promote funded projects.
- Facilitate extensive narrative and financial reporting, needs assessments, project monitoring, and evaluation activities, and provide direction and control to overseas projects.
- Collaborate with international partners to launch innovative programming in IDRF’s development and humanitarian sectors.
- Support partner organizations in understanding and complying with donor agreements and IDRF guidelines and requirements.
- Author ongoing reports to funders on project progress and ensure adherence to donor reporting requirements.
- Develop and implement results-based management and performance measurement frameworks.
- Foster and strengthen overseas and local partnerships and maintain regular communication with overseas partners.
- Ensure appropriate project records are maintained to provide a sound basis for project tracking, reporting, and follow-up.
- Foster participatory and rights-based approaches in all IDRF initiatives and ensure transformative gender analysis of all project initiatives.
- Experience in grant management, including oversight of grant funding, compliance, and reporting.
- Proven success in securing and managing significant grants from government, private foundations, and other philanthropic organizations.
- Experience in developing and managing large budgets and financial reporting.
- Experience in overseeing the implementation of funded programs and ensuring deliverables are met.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with grant-making organizations and processes.
- Demonstrated professional experience working in a similar role with a recognized emergency relief or international development organization in managing, monitoring, and evaluating humanitarian and development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in developing budgets, compiling and analyzing narrative and financial reports produced by field partners, and ensuring strict compliance with donor contribution agreements.
- Demonstrated skill and experience working with accountability frameworks such as Logframes, RBM, PMF and similar donor reporting modalities.
- Demonstrated grant management experience
- High proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to deliver educational programs to community groups.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and research skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet urgent deadlines.
- Highly independent and able to work in a leadership role with minimal supervision.
- Superior interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and diplomacy skills.
- Valid Canadian passport and a willingness to undertake occasional international travel for the purpose of visits to overseas partners.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Licensed 2 Learn (L2L) Trainer
Are you looking for a flexible and exciting opportunity to support children and youth in Canada to overcome academic challenges and improve their grades? If so, consider working as an L2L Trainer!
L2L trains high-achieving students to volunteer as tutors, who then go on to support their peers who are struggling in school.
Trainers are key members of the L2L team. As an L2L Trainer, your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Working with staff at schools and community organizations to coordinate dates for the delivery of tutor training sessions
- Delivering tutor training sessions
- Supporting Coordinators with the implementation of tutoring sessions
- Leading review sessions with the tutors
- Registering programs and collecting tutor and peer registrations and post-program surveys and other relevant data
- Collaborating with school and L2L staff to prepare and present tutor certificates and organize a final review and celebration ceremony with program participants
Desired qualifications of an L2L Trainer:
- Passionate about education and supporting children and youth
- Creative problem-solving capabilities
- Belief that all students can succeed under the right conditions
- Relevant experience including, but not limited to, classroom teaching, youth mentorship, post-secondary training in education, child and youth studies, leadership development, or a related discipline
- Knowledge of Multiple Intelligences, Learning Styles, and Mindsets
- L2L is committed to hiring individuals whose lived and/or professional experience aligns with the diverse student communities we impact. Experience working with newcomers, at-risk youth, and children and youth from equity-seeking groups is considered an asset.
- All L2L Trainers will be required to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check through their local police department. Upon clearance, expenses incurred will be reimbursed by Licensed 2 Learn.
This commitment is flexible and Trainers can plan their schedule in collaboration with schools and local partners. The workload of an L2L trainer depends on the number of programs undertaken. You can expect a 5-10 hour time commitment per program. Trainers receive an honorarium for each program delivered.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for the 2023-24 school year. Interested applicants can email their resume and cover letter to Alison Rodriguez, Senior Project Manager, at ARodriguez@idrf.ca.
Content Marketing Coordinator
Full Time- Position (37.5 hrs)
Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, the Content Marketing Coordinator is responsible for generating content supporting IDRF’s organizational vision and mission, through three key sources:
- Social Media
- Website Content
The abilities and strengths needed for this position require a self-directed, engaging, and organized disposition. This role depends on excellent writing abilities, while having analytical and creative depth to assess, develop and respond to the changing context of IDRF’s fast growing marketing team. A primary responsibility of this role is to develop core messaging and narratives to bring our organizational vision and priorities to life through storytelling and encouraging people to give. The specific roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creatively summarizing impact numbers and activities into reports for donors, mosques, and organizations.
- Research, brainstorm and write SEO-focused copy for blogs, case studies, guides, landing pages and more.
- Publish and update content on our website that meets the needs of our audience.
- Provide recommendations and proofing for existing content- to better align to IDRF’s brand voice and digital marketing best practices.
- Create meaningful content and conversations for our social media channels, following a social media strategy to build our audience.
- Using AI tools to build efficiencies within the team, maintaining content calendar for social media, influencer, brand, and email marketing channels.
- Strategically gather, develop, and distribute content across social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Support your fellow marketers with editing on landing pages, ads, etc.
- Share ideas that shape our marketing strategy at large.
What you bring
- 3+ years’ writing experience, preferably working for NGOs, blogs, news organizations, magazines, or other publications.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Must have the ability to identify tone and style for effective messaging for diverse audiences, with attention to detail, phrasing, and word choice.
- A lifelong approach to learning that keeps you ahead of the latest content marketing trends.
- A results-driven focus that motivates you to produce content that’s not only enjoyable but also supports team KPIs like lead and revenue generation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- An appreciation for the power of simplicity and an ability to make complex topics easily understood.
- A strong sense of ownership and a keen eye for details that most others would miss.
- Experience in graphic design or video production is an asset.
- Superb organizational skills that ensure you meet deadlines and prioritize content projects effectively.
- A growth mindset and plenty of creativity.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Ability to work independently using strong initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- Understanding inclusive fundraising and accessibility practices is an asset.
- Commitment to IDRF’s mission and values.
IDRF is committed to workplace diversity, equity, and inclusion- principles that are fundamental to our mission. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, and we seek to maintain a welcoming, inclusive, and high-performing culture in our office.
Volunteer with Us
Fundraise with Us